April 15, 2004

a night of horrid television

When I got home yesterday, I turned on the television and gamecube, and played until about 7:20. Switched to the Leafs game where they were being dominated again. Wondered how long Belfour would last. Literally 5 seconds after the announcer said "in 1 minute Belfour's streak will reach 158 minutes", Ottawa finally scored. But they didn't stop there, scoring 3 more times. I was talking to a friend of mine about how Leaf fans would discover (last night) whether Belfour was just like Cujo, in that they 'unravel' after some extremely awesome games. I think we got our answer.

Then I watched American Idol for the first time this season. Boy, the talent is really getting thin.. I remember in season 1, by the time they reached the top 10, everyone could at least sing in tune, but this time maybe 3 people can sing in tune. That's pretty sad..

Next I watched The Bachelor, with QB Jesse Palmer. This guy is an idiot. Although I admire his honesty, he blurted out to 8 gorgeous women looking for a good husband, that he's woken up next to complete strangers *many* times in the last 2 years. Then, despite his friends' urgent warnings of Trish, he still picks her and his friend -- essentially wasting two of his picks. Before this show started, I thought maybe this show might disprove the notion that football players are dumb, but goodness gracious.. Palmer should really get his head checked!

After that, I went back to Freedom Fighters and played til about 12:30. The game is pretty fun, but the lack of save opportunities is a pain. I wanted to sleep but I was into the level for about an hour before I was able to save.

Wow.. first completely pointless post in a long time.. I guess that's what gaming does to a guy..

No comments: