April 05, 2004

For the first time in about 2 months, I have an incredible urge to play video games. Talk about timing. There's but a week left til Easter.. and up until 15 minutes ago it has been what I'd call a "ho-hum" Lent. But just 15 minutes ago, my co-worker asked me if I wanted to join his friends to play in a "Halo Fest". I told him "no", but added that I would probably beat them all if you gave me a keyboard and mouse. And that comment led to a discussion with another co-worker about playing first person shooters on gamepads, and all my past glorious memories of deathmatches flooded back into my head.

And now... I'm officially struggling with my promise not to play video games. For God. For me. Just one game.. just one *kill* even. What's the worst that could happen?

No comments: