April 23, 2004

gmail, cont'd

I can't help but marvel at the speed which gmail operates. You type 'c' and the compose page pops up, 'j' and 'k' navigate through your emails, and the conversation view is unbelievable. The first thing I said when I started using it was "OH MY GAWD". It's just so fast.. It's almost as if you're running it locally, that's how fast it seems. I've never seen anything run so seamlessly on a web browser. As advertised, we get 1 gigabyte of disk space. Another wonder - your mail box won't be deleted after a month of inactivity like Hotmail. Gmail gives you 9 months' absence before they remove your account. 9 months!!

Good times..

Dunc got me onto this 'teamspeak' program which allows us to play Lineage 2 (any game, really) and speak to eachother. This allowed me to meet up with some of his friends to play online together as a group. It was fun. At one point, one of our guys was killed by another player online, so when he came back we went hunting and killed off the guy, and his friend. It was pretty exhilarating. It felt so satisfying afterwards. After that we ran away because they brought their friends. It was 4-on-2, but they were much higher levels than we were.

Later on we went to this waterfall where there were these monsters, they were super hard, we couldn't even put a dent into them. The sad thing is that I played this game for an entire week on a different server so when I joined Dunc's server I had to start over. As a result, I'm at a way lower level than the rest of the group. Well, for these monsters even our best guy could barely scratch them. It's fun because some monsters if you attack them and run away, they chase you forever, or until someone comes to assist.

Not so good times...

Tonight my mom is returning from Vegas along with my grandparents. Mom will stay for a few weeks but GPs will stay for 6 months. This marks the end of my fun for the next 6 months. Not gaming fun, but fun as in getting to sleep in on weekends, going out with friends whenever I want, or having friends over. Well, the latter can probably still happen, but no late nights. GPs, if some of you can recall from my past blogs can sometimes be a thorn in my side. Especially grandma (PuoPuo, or PP). PP is the most stubborn woman on the face of this earth.. probably who ever lived.

The condo will never be "quiet" again. From the time when they wake up at 5am and blast the volume on their TV, til the time they fall asleep at 11pm and I sneak into their room to turn off their TV, it will *always* be noisy.

No comments: