April 12, 2004

leafs, broken lent

We just keep rolling. ottawa played really well tonight, but it was the same result as saturday. 2-0. ottawa scored the most goals in the NHL this season, but they couldn't buy one tonight. Belfour was on fire! it was one of those nights that whenever ottawa got scoring chances, we all gasped but deep down inside we all knew that Belfour would make the save.

it was kinda funny, how the most telling stat, was that the last time a team had been shutout in back-to-back games in the playoffs was when Cujo did it to Ottawa 3 years ago. the Sens just can't seem to shake this monkey off their backs.. it doesn't make sense.. first, we dominated them overall. then they got some really good players, and we'd just pummel physically dominate them. now, they've got size and speed, youth and finesse -- and we still beat them. it doesn't matter who's in net. Joseph or Belfour, it's all the same. Heck, Kidd might be able to stop Ottawa.

--

I had the day off today, as most of you know. I went to futureshop today to pick up a couple of games. I wanted "freedom fighters" and "painkiller". I had played the Painkiller demo prior to Lent and really liked it, and I tried the Freedom Fighters demo this morning before I left. Future Shop had a sale too, so the games were really cheap.

And yet, I walked out of FutureShop empty-handed. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I gave it a long look, and even had Freedom Fighters in my hand walking towards the cashier, and then I put it back on the shelf and left the store. A thought crossed my mind.. "How badly do I want this game?" and the answer was, "not badly at all". And so I put it back and left. However I did see Bomberman for GameCube for $30, which is really cheap, so I headed over to Electronic Boutique to see if it was cheaper there. They had it for the same price, and I noticed Freedom Fighters for GC was just $30 too. So I bought both of them.

So... is this a good thing? I'd say yes, because I don't play GC very often. GC is really a party console and made for games involving more than one person. That's why I bought it after all, originally, to play with my brother. But he moved. So yeah, I think it's a positive sign that I passed up on the PC games. Bomberman is really a pure-party game. I played Freedom Fighters for about 3 hours today. It wouldn't have taken so long had I not died so much. I really suck at games on console.. Oh, and playing games is exhausting.. I'm absolutely dead tired right now and it's only 10:40. I wonder if that means I can start sleeping like a normal person again..

I woke up at 8:20am today.

No comments: