January 22, 2004

Check out this quote by David Stern, commissioner of the National Basketball Association, when asked why he doesn't like the word "legacy":

"Because I'm very focused on the here and the now. I don't take notes. I'm not going to write a book. I decided long ago that if you spend your time taking photos, you don't enjoy the journey as much. I have the greatest job in the world and I'm enjoying it. I don't focus on the history aspect of it."

That was taken from this ESPN article

The thing is when I think about David Stern story, it really is a legacy. He's been with us from when Michael Jordan was drafted, til now. It truly boggles my mind what he's done in the past 20 years, what he's experienced. The NBA is right up there with NFL as one of the best-run sporting organizations ever. Okay maybe it's not quite up there with the NFL, but it's definitely head and shoulder's above hockey or baseball.

Anyway.. enough with the blogging.. you people must be sick of me.

No comments: