January 28, 2004

On Monday, at around 4pm I had to leave work because I couldn't stop coughing. I even brought in Buckleys, it didn't help me much. I had plenty of trouble falling asleep that night.

On Tuesday, I didn't have uncontrollable coughing until about 7pm. Buckleys stopped it, and I had little trouble sleeping.

Today, the uncontrollable coughing never came. It's 11pm. I'm still gonna have some Buckley's before I go to bed, just so I can get a good night's rest.

It's great.. I am having the herbal tea during the day, Vitamin C in the mornings, and Buckley's only when I need it. Tomorrow I'll bring the ginseng stuff for the tea, since Char says that will help clean it up once the virus seems to be waning. Excellent.. at this rate it looks like I'll be able to host small group on Friday. Of course, the huge mess I've left in my place due to the sickness could be a problem..

Tonight Kevin Ho and I went to see the Raptors play the Philadelpha 76ers. In theory we should have won this game. They were missing two of their top players, we were missing no one of significance. And believe it or not, we actually won a game we were supposed to win. It was a pretty good game, no 6-minutes lulls of non-scoring. No horrible turnovers, although we did give up way too many offensive rebounds. But it just didn't matter, because Philly had a bunch of scrubs playing against our healthy squad.

I still say Raptors should trade Vince while we still have a chance to. And here is the perfect trade scenario:

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (20.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.8 apg in 36.8 minutes)
PG Alvin Williams (8.6 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg in 30.7 minutes)

Houston trades: PG Steve Francis (16.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.7 apg in 39.5 minutes)
SG Cuttino Mobley (15.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 39.4 minutes)
SF Scott Padgett (3.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.3 minutes)

Comments: This deal makes the most sense. First, it works fine for both team's salary caps. Van Gundy gets two players who are fully willing to let Yao become the focus of their offense. Vince would be more than happy to be the #2 option on the team, and we already know he can pass the ball. Alvin becomes the passing PG that Van Gundy has dreamed about since coming to Houston. On the flip side O'Neill gets a young point guard who can basically do it all. Francis wants the ball, and he has never been the type who needs to hoist 35 shots to score 25 points. He plays good defense, and despite his "me me me" attitude, he still manages approx. 6 assists per game. Mobley is a great scorer as well, can shoot threes. Best of all his contract ends next season.

Picture this starting lineup:
C: Chris Bosh
PF: Donyell Marshall
SF: Jalen Rose
SG: Cuttino Mobley
PG: Steve Francis

No comments: