July 05, 2004

... and the season begins!

I've gone what feels like 3-4 years without following football. Actually, it's only been the entire offseason. Every year I have prepared carefully following each and every transaction, catching the opinions of each move for the player, coaches, and media. It's important to get everyone's side of the story to understand the impact a player will have on a new team, and on the old team.

Anyway, I get these email updates and I'd been saving them for 'later'. Today I read everything that happened between May 1st and June 19th. Vinny in Dallas, reuniting with Parcells? Dillon in New England I did hear about before.. that's also crazy though. New England becomes an all-round good team. Dillon is so lucky..

So yeah, talk about a crash course in football. I've still got another 18 emails left to catch up to date. I also went back to take a look at rsff (rec.sport.fantasy.football). A few old timers left, like pnishthm, Beal, bizmach. Oh yeah and the magnificent bastard, but to be honest, mostly just a bunch of rowdy kids, and spam. Gone are the days when that newsgroup was a useful source of ff information. Oh well..

Football, baby!

No comments: