July 22, 2004

material things

One of my friends at work got a new camera, Canon, G5 I think.  It's pretty sweet.  I could see myself buying it, maybe in the distant future.  Looking at it and comparing it to the d70 or Rebel, it's just more bang for your buck.  Plus I'd never be able to justify such a large purchase -- what do I use camera's for anyway, other than capture special moments in my life, or interesting things I see?  I don't print any of it, it's all web-posted.  I don't need a camera so good, and for a small fortune, the money could be better used elsewhere. 

The G5 is probably something I might get in December sometime.

The thing I've wanted for over a year now is an electric guitar.  Now that I'm back to regular guitar practising again, I really feel like I could progress further with an electric.  Some of the solo's just don't sound right with a guitar (not that I can actually do them properly). 

And finally, a jacket.  The jacket I use right now is the same jacket I wore in winter.  I need a spring jacket, something that is water-resistant, and I'd prefer something that can fold up into a pouch small enough to fit into my man-bag. 

No comments: