July 25, 2004

life without God != a good life

Following up on Ricky Williams' retirement, I was reminded more of his situation at the sermon today at Cornerstone.  They talked about the Simple Life, simplifying your life of excessive possessions, about greed and need, etc. 

"The world has enough for everyone's needs but not everyone's greed."

"If I had known what it was like to have it all, I would have settled for less."

As I said before, I hope Ricky finds happiness.

the grass is always greener..

Cornerstone has a lot of really friendly people.  It excites me whenever I go to a church like that, because it is so friendly, you feel so welcome there.  It reminded me of Ottawa, the people there, are just more friendly, more welcoming.  When I first starting going to T3C, I swear it took me about an entire year before I felt truly welcome there.  No complaints though, it's a big church. 

However, OCAC has about 200 people, and I was feeling right at home by the end of the month, and Cornerstone, I could see myself integrating within 2-3 weeks. 

So in essence, it has nothing to do with the size of the church, but the people there.  And I'm responsible because I'm part of the greeters' ministry.  Sigh.

No comments: