July 09, 2004

I find that my appetite comes and goes. Today, it came, but I couldn't eat due to some Imodium problems. When I came home I had toast, just plain ol' bread. 4 slices, and some jam. I don't think plain bread has ever tasted so good to me..

My desk is too high. My desk chair has arms, and i've lower them as much as possible so that I can hike up the chair as high as possible (arms block it from going any higher). Due to the height of my desk, often times I find that my elbows start to hurt because they're being raised too high while I do things on the computer.

Packed weekend coming up. Tonight, small group. Plus I need to take the GPs out for dinner. This is their last night here, at least until they come back in September. I often joke about how I'd be so glad they're leaving. I guess what I really mean is I'd be glad when there is no one else living here but me. It's nothing personal against them, I just prefer it this way. I really do love them.

As a child we never really got close, so my relationship with them is pretty casual, in total I have lived with them a long time, but I honestly don't know them that well. They are closed people, very private. Until this year I don't think I'd ever had a conversation with either of them. Recently I tried to inquire about where my grandfather went to school and what he studied, he couldn't remember. I asked them about how they met, where they met etc. Couldn't remember. They couldn't remember anything. Oh well.

Oh, so Saturday is their flight, 8:30am, so I need to be up pretty early. They're slow movers so we'd have to leave no later than 6:30, which means I'll have to wake up at like 5:30. Which means I can't stay late for whatever they do after small group on Friday. Then after the flight, I suppose I'll come home and start cleaning the place up. My room looks like someone tar and feathered my room with my clothes. It is ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Saturday afternoon and evening will be at my co-worker's place. She has a pool and a deck, and she drinks. I bet if she drank a Guinness she'd complain it went down too smooth. Yes, she can hold her alcohol :) I'm really looking forward to this thing. Lots of 'gourmet' drinks, lots of food, bbq!. We're expecting about 20 people!

Then Sunday off to ETCBC. 10:15 service, but I'll try to make the 9:15 prayer meeting. I think next week I'll go to either Cornerstone or Oasis or Milliken. If Andrew's Harbs are playing my old church then I'll probably go to my old church Milliken, have some lunch with them and then go watch get their arses handed back to them. Should be fun.. just like the good ol' days :)

In between I think there's choir practice at T3C.

No comments: