July 24, 2004

Ricky Williams

I think in general people think that celebrities and professional athletes have got it made.  They are doing *definitely* what they love doing, and they getting paid mind-boggling dollars to do it. 

Ricky Williams is a fine athlete.  Although he struggled early on his career the last couple of years he has been a total workhorse.  I read somewhere that he's had over 775 carries in the past 2 seasons.  Most RBs averaged around 650.  It's no surprise considering Miami's lack of even a middle tier QB.  Jay Fiedler and Chris Weinke (sp?), and this year they were gonna go with A J Feeley.  These guys are all CFL-calibre QBs.

Anyway, his retirement will come as a shock to the sporting world, and especially to the Dolphins.  They have to be kicking themselves and wish RW had announced this earlier so they could have gone out and signed Eddie George.  Now it's too late, who could they get?  There's no one left.  Barry Sanders?  Haha..

This goes to show you that only Jesus can bring true peace and happiness.  You can be doing what you absolutely love doing, and get paid millions of dollars.  You'd think you'd be the happiest guy in the world.  But it'll never be enough until you fill that empty void in your heart, that void that was there since you were born, you were created with that void, so that one day you could accept your Maker back into your heart.  I hope one day Ricky Williams finds *true* happiness.

Fantasy-wise, this downgrades all the Miami players.  With no running game, their lack in QB talent is going to become crystal clear to them.  They upgraded their receivers in getting David Boston, but without a running game to keep defenses honest, they are basically screwed.  They seriously need a *real* QB now..

sound

I am looking at the Klipsch 4.1 Promedia speakers.  They're the best 4.1 speakers on the market from my research, and they pro-sumer quality.  I just don't have the proper desk space to pull off the 5.1 setup.  Unless I place the 5th on top of my monitor..  But what if i get an lcd one day?

Yesterday I hooked up my 2 extra back speakers to make my 4.1 system again.  It's a much different sound but because you're so immersed in the sounds, it makes me kind of drowsy because there are more sounds to process.  Or maybe I'm just tired.. hehe

No comments: