July 14, 2004

king arthur

Even if this movie was made before The Patriot, before LOTR, before Braveheart -- I'd still think it was pretty bad. It's tough for movies nowadays to follow up epics like those, because they've been done so well and you can't really improve upon those battle scenes.

This movie had its moments. The ice battle was fantastic, I mean after that battle, I was thinking 'hey, maybe the critics were wrong'. But then it just dragged on and on.

The acting was the worst, they may as well have had David Duchovny doing it. This Clive Owens guy just cannot act. If you're gonna have a main guy with tons of charisma, get a guy who can act, I mean what the heck? Mulder meets Braveheart? Cripes!

Story-wise, it was satisfactory, a very different look at what I'm used to seeing for King Arthur stories. For that I give them thumbs up for originality. I never ever imagine Merlin to be a decreptid skinny dude with tatoos. Isn't he supposed to be a wizard of some sort?

Anyway, overall I'd say the movie is 5.5/10.

No comments: