July 20, 2004

no games

I haven't played games since Friday night (Saturday morning).  This is the longest I've gone without games since Lent.  But I'm not trying to "better myself" by playing less games, etc.  I've just lost the urge to level up my character.  Doom 3 will be out on August 3rd, and I will definitely *definitely* be playing that one.

But no games means great guitar practice, which yes, I've started again, mostly in part to the DCB cd.  The other thing which I also noticed during Lent, was that I'm constantly tired without games.  I'm tired now, I could go to bed right now, at 10 pm, and fall asleep easily.

I figured out the neato alternate bass part for "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever".  I'm sure it's for an .  I started to think about this song after being reminded that we're getting close to the blackout (my best birthday ever), and the time when I was walking up Yonge street singing this song even though my feet were killing me and I was actually feeling really sorry for myself.

Also if you haven't noticed, I've been blogging a lot more.

freedom

I haven't felt the ill-effects of being here alone again, yet.  I figured that sooner or later I'd start feeling lonely here, but I haven't at all, I've been loving every moment of it.  There's nothing quite like a hard days' work and coming home to an empty, dead silent apartment.  I mean total silence.  It's awesome..

work

I haven't heard anything about my job post yet, still waiting for it.  But today I had a talk with my supervisor, and he basically told me I had nothing to worry about for at least one year. 

Today I took some initiative (initiative?  what's that?) and asked if I could be more involved with the analysis/requirements stuff.  And then somehow I volunteered myself to do more training.  Hundreds upon hundreds of people need training and I volunteered.  Mr. "barely says anything, even at small group" has volunteered to teach 4 hundred of people.  Umm.. yeah, reeeeal smart, Bri.

dream

Last night I had a dream.  I dreamed that a whole bunch of us -- and by us i can't say i remember who else was there -- were singing together.  We were all standing in a circle.  There were many.. like maybe a hundred or a thousand.  It wasn't one circle, I mean it was a large crowd and just the middle was hollowed out.  I was in front so I couldn't tell how many people there were behind us.

We started singing a song, Rain Down by DCB, and I fell to the ground as if either struck down by the Spirit, or just felt ashamed before the Lord.  I started to weep, and I couldn't get back up, and people around me were just watching it happen.  No one tried to help me up again.

That's all I can remember from the dream.
Holy Holy is the Lord
Holy Holy is the Lord


Rain down Your love on us
Rain down Your love
Rain down Your grace
And cover me

Rain down Your love on us
Rain down Your love
Rain down Your peace


No comments: