July 23, 2004

It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.

Yesterday I went to see Romeo & Juliet with Sylvia, brought to us by Shakespeare Works!, out at the new Home Depot theatre at Ashbridges Bay. 

It's an outdoor theatre, which is kinda neat.  The stage extends out so that you can pretty much see it from any side other than behind it.  The entire backdrop is essentially open, so you just see trees in the back.  The actors come in from all side, there are 4 entrances so they just come running from all directions.  And then there are two more exits behind the stage. 

I'm not "huge fan" of Shakespeare, but I can appreciate it.  I read R&J in grade 9, heard it on tape, and seen the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes about 3-4 times.  Actually it was on TV recently so the story was pretty clear in my mind.  Although I fell asleep on a few occasions, all in all it was pretty good.  They did great job, it was very good flow from scene to scene.

jacket search

Went to MEC today, saw a really great jacket that I wanted badly if not for the price of it.  It met only 1 of my 4 criteria though.  I am looking for:
  1. Waterproof, or at least water resistant.
  2. Inexpensive.
  3. Folds into a small bag.
  4. Has a hood that can either be removed or tucked away.
The one I saw satisfied #1.  Another jacket I found at the store across the street from MEC was a North Face(?) jacket, it satisfied all but #4.  My thinking is that #4 might not be as important if I have an umbrella, but I lost my nice umbrella that fit perfectly in my bag, so now I need a jacket with a hood.

The MEC jacket was so nice though, soooooo nice.

one more thing

..Is I might need a new soundcard and, possibly a new speakers set for my PC.  I want to make the most of Doom 3, which supports 6 channels.  (I assume that means 6.1, and I only have 4.1).  Although, I'm not sure where I'd place the aux. channels.  I'll have to build stands for them.. or hang them from the ceiling?  Hmm.. maybe I should re-think this.

No comments: