July 26, 2004

cutting edge

Cleaned maybe 5% of my room today, discovered I own this cd.  Boy, it sure brings back old memories.  I originally bought the CD, just for The Happy Song [btw, this song is exhausting to play].  I heard them play it at The Met, and I had to get it.  Haha.. I bought a double cd just for 1 song.  But now looking back, every song on this album is really good. 

cleaning
 
The compose for blogs is annoying.  I want notepad, but they're giving me Word.  Please stop guys, it was better before.

So I did some cleaning.  My ulterior motive for cleaing my room is to find my harmonica.  Although at the same I am hoping I don't find it until the end, because I have a feeling I will stop cleaning when I find it, even though there's still a lot to clean.

weekend

Ray and Sandra's wedding was wonderful.  Thanks to those who provided pictures of it.  I know I've expressed some bitterness towards this whole thing, but I am truly, truly happy for Sandra.  She looks so very happy in those pictures and I am really happy for her.  Actually I'm glad in some ways because I shed a tear while looking through the pictures.  That could have been pretty embarrassing in person.  Haha..

On Saturday Miranda came over and we just sat and chatted, while waiting for Andrew to call me.  Mir's from Ottawa, one of the many dear friends I made there during my internship.  I called up Euhan and he came over, and we made strawberry milkshakes with the leftover strawberries from small group a week ago.  They were sorta rotten (?), but we were able to salvage about 60% of them :)

Then we got the call and went over to Ichiban and Finch/Leslie to meet up with Andrew and Lisa.  To my surprise Andy was there with Euming.  I first got to know Andy at the Genesis Winter Camp up at Blue Mountain, although in truth I met him way before that but he at least remembered me from that time.  Haha.. We sushi.. yum yum!

For some reason sushi no longer tastes all that great to me.  It might be because I've had so much that I can tell what is good and what isn't good sushi, or it might just be that I've had too much and have gotten sick of it?  But sick of sushi, I find that hard to believe.

Anyway, this whole lunch thing was at like 2:45pm, less than an hour before the wedding, so we had to eat really fast.  Then we parted ways, but Andrew/Lisa and I agreed to meet the next morning for Cornerstone. 

That afternoon I went over to Mel and Kevin's new house, for a housewarming party.  It was a good time.  We watched Starsky & Hutch.  Almost all of Mel's family was there.  I met her parents and sister and brother, and cousins from england too.  Well actually the cousins were at the Shakespeare thing too. 

I go where the food is, and yes, there was lots of food.  I actually gained 3 pounds over the entire weekend.  Hehe..

No comments: