February 21, 2004

sleep.. lost forever

It all started on Thursday night. My co-worker let me borrow his Bad Boys 2 dvd, and so I decided I would watch half of it that night, and the rest of it the following night. Instead, I ended up watching the whole thing. To my surprise, this movie was 2.5 hours long. I finished at 2am, and went to bed. The following morning I got up at 7. (loss of 2 hours)

I didn't feel like sleeping on the subway so I didn't. On the way home I did sleep though (loss of 30 minutes).

Then there was the frustrating evening last night of waiting 3 hours for 1 hour of work to be done, which ended in me going to bed at 10:30pm. However, things didn't go quite as planned. I couldn't sleep, and I experience intermittent sleep for several hours. I remember glancing at my clock at 3, 4, 5, 6, 6:15, 6:45, 7, 7:05, 7:15, ....

So really I got about probably around 4-5 hours last night. (loss of 3 hours). To make matters worse I had to wake up early for the contractor, who showed up right on time 8:30am. He was standing at my door knocking when I arrived on the scene. Another pretty friendly guy, probably from Romania or Russia. Said he worked in Japan for 2-3 years, in Osaka and Kobe. Perfectionist type of person. Funny as hell too, we had some pretty good laughs about the Canadian government and japanese people.

I called the 9:30 guy and the funny thing is he's still at home with his wife. It was 9:15 when I called. He said how bout 11:30, and I said no, because I'm going out for lunch. Then he suggests Sunday and I said no way. So he says he'll come at 11, and I tell him at 11:30 I'm leaving, so if he's late, too bad. So he says okay, 11.

My next appt is at 10:30, so I came back to do some blogging and possibly some gaming as well. I was hoping to go to Mitchell's but there's not enough time between the first and the 3rd appts.

Now I just received a called from the 11 guy (Alli), and he says he's having car trouble and won't make it. We rescheduled to Monday at 5:30. Then he nixes that and says he'll be there between 5:30-6:00. He swears he's never done this to a customer before.

Hey, maybe it's true, and maybe God messed up his car because he was never meant to do the job for me. Or maybe he'll feel so bad about it he'll end up getting the job because he'll offer a much lower price than everyone else. Who knows..

No comments: